Bored with your dancing? Want to add some style to your west coast swing? Here are some great resources to help you look and feel better on the dance floor In this resource page we’re brining you some of our best resources for both leaders styling and followers styling! There are a mix of articles and styling videos. Make sure you watch them. They will really help! with 200+ free resources
Download these resources! Grab our Free Styling E-Book
Download all the Beginner Patterns for FREE
Ladies Styling & Leaders Styling
For the followers we have compiled a list of things you can to to spice up your west coast swing.
We often want to skip to the cool stuff when we’re trying to learn. The basics really provide the foundation for looking good on the floor. So make sure you have these covered.
- Footwork Basics (don’t skip theses)
- Rolling through your feet (super important)
- Movement Basics (how to look smooth)
- Connection for styling (don’t mess this up)
- Ladies Styling Checklist (a list of styling ideas)
- My #1 Footwork Drill for WCS
Anchor steps are on of the easiest ways to add some styling no matter what level you are at. I especially like our video 5 ways to style your anchor step. Make sure you watch it!
- Stretch your Anchor Step
- 5 ways to style your anchor step
Matching your styling to the music
Matching your movements to the music is where things really come alive in west coast swing. Make sure you understand musicality to really understand your styling.
- Match your footwork to the music (2 ways to match your steps to the music)
- 7 ways to style each type of song (a deep dive into musical styles)
- Musicality for west coast swing dancers (a free guide to musicality)
If you really want to take your Musicality to the next level, our course The Ultimate Guide to Musicality has EVERYTHING you need! It’s a paid course but if you’re serious about mastering the music it will get you there!
This is an area that followers are really interested in. What to do with your free arm when you dance. We’ve got you covered! Take a peek.
- The Ultimate Guide to Arm Styling (tons of free resources & videos here)
There is so much to cover when we talk about styling. Here are a bunch of other topics that you will encounter. Once you’ve mastered the basics, you can start learning some of these.
- Learn Body Isolations (learn to move your body)
- How to hitch (very common for good dancers)
- Create your own styling (how to make this dance your own)
- How to ‘play’ in wcs (a deep dive into play)
Fun (and important) ideas for styling
Here are couple fun things for you to try. I think the 3 keys to better styling is one that will help you look good with different partners so make sure you watch that video.
- 5 Styling ideas for you to try
- 3 keys to better styling
- How to practice (learn how to focus your practice)
A step by step guide to styling?
Want us to walk you through looking better step by step?
We’ve created 2 amazing courses to do just that!
Inside each you’ll find:
- 18 videos lessons
- 6 special patterns to add some style
- PDF downloads to help you remember
- BONUS — 1 hour live video from one of our styling & footwork workshops!
Watch my introduction to the course here:
Download these resources in this article! Grab our Free Styling E-Book