The history of west coast swing can help us understand where it’s going in the future. In this interview with dance historian Forrest Outman we tackle a bit of the past, present and future of west coast swing. This was our second interview with Forrest. The first one tackled the history of west coast swing where todays chat asks important questions about our future. Listen to the first interview here.
What’s happening to West Coast Swing today?
Are the changes happening for the better? Or are they ruining the dance we love?
I sat down with Dance Historian Forrest Outman to get a perspective on the history of other dance forms to give us some perspective on the changes happening to West Coast Swing.
TAKE ACTION> Don’t miss out – Join 12,000+ WCS dancers and sign up for our ‘WCS Move of the Week’ emails. FREE WCS Videos 2x per month to your inbox! Sign Up Here
We tackle some important topics:
- What happens to a dance form that ignores it’s roots?
- What happens to a dance that embraces it’s roots?
- What influences a dance to change?
- What is the best thing that has come from the evolution of WCS?
- Who are Dean Collins & Skippy Blair ?
- How did West Coast Swing get it’s name?
- When should West Coast Swing undergo a name change?
- And lot, lots more…
Watch my first interview with Forrest HERE